Apple created the Move To iOS app (Play Store) solely for the purpose of moving content from Android to iPad, iPhone, or iPhone Touch. The app helps Android users migrate calendars, contacts, mail accounts, media (photos and videos), messages, and web bookmarks to iOS (and iPadOS). It also moves the equivalent of free Android apps on the iOS App Store.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Both phones/tablets (new and old) have Wi-Fi turned on and connected to a power source.
- Google account details on the Android phone.
- Google Chrome is up to date.
- The iPhone/iPad has more than enough storage to receive incoming content.
Step By Step: Switch from Android to iPhone with Move To iOS
- To get started, simply download the ‘Move To iOS’ app from Google Play Store on the Android device. The app supports device running Android 4.0 and later.
- Power on the new iPhone/iPad and follow the prompts until its lands on the ‘App & Data’ screen. Select ‘Move Data From Android’ and select Continue.
- Next, launch the app on the Android device and navigate to the ‘Move to iOS’ screen, select continue and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Note the security code (6-digit or 10-Digit) on the iPhone and enter the code on the Android device.
- On the Android device, select the type content to be transferred from the ‘Transfer Data’ screen and hit the next button.
- Its best to leave both phones untouched and connected to a power source until the loading bar on the iPhone finishes.
- Finally, tap ‘Done’ on the Android device and finish up the setup process on the iPhone. Content such as Books, PDFs and Music need to be moved manually.